Nepenthes propagation.

From: Necropsy69 (Necropsy69@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 1998 - 20:22:34 PST

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:22:34 EST
From: Necropsy69 <Necropsy69@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes propagation.

Hey fellow cpers,

Have you ever had a very large nepenthes with several stems that you wanted to
cut back, and after you cut the plant back, you still had a large plant left?
Well, instead of removing more of the mother plant's stem, allow it to begin
to grow the new stems. I've noticed if you allow the mother plant to grow
those secondary stems, and then you remove them and plant them, they will
produce healthier plants with more definate results. And the good thing is, if
your plant is large enough, even after you take the secondary stems off for
rooting, you'll still have a good amount of the mother plant left to produce
new stems. Well, this is not really a method for people who aren't in the
condition I am in. I just thought I should share that with you.

See ya guys later and let me know if you have questions.

Bye
Behrad