Re: N . madagascariensis cultivation

From: L235 (L235@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 17:07:37 PST

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:07:37 EST
From: L235 <L235@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  N . madagascariensis cultivation

Ok, Perry, I can't believe I'm chiming in on this one .... but:

I have ONE Nepenthes, a tc N. madascariensis I bought at a garden shop in
Atlanta, GA USA. It's doing pretty well for me. About 9-10 inches high, it is
pitchering and seems fairly robust. I'm growing it in a 4 inch standard
plastic pot, in a terrarium (very high humidity) in pure sphagnum moss. I mist
it irregularly with a dilute solution of miracid and Super Thrive and the
sphagnum is very damp (pot stands in between one-fourth and one-eighth of an
inch of water).

I much prefer Sarracenia and Drosera due to very limited growing space, and
bought this one because ... I felt sorry for it, and thought I'd give it a
try.

I've promised it to Tim Topoleski in Baltimore, but otherwise you could have
it ... I'm running out of room for the thing.

Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)
Reston, VA USA