Re: D. graminifolia

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 17:20:00 PST

Date:    Wed, 07 Jan 98 20:20 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. graminifolia

> From: -Tom- <tkhayes@MAIL.MICROSERVE.NET>
>

> Hey Dave - any of the ones I gave to you survive? How were you
> growing them?

Hi List,

   At first I couldn't recall Tom giving me any D.gram., but then I
realized we each planted some seeds of this species last year over
the holiday break. I think Tom had the D.gram. seeds originally.
Well, most died with the heat of summer. As Fernando mentioned, these
S.American Drosera like things cool, like Darlingtonia. I have one
D.gram. left out of about a dozen. It was the one in the most shade
and hence, the coolest.
   Fernando, do you have any ideas about how to induce flowering in
this species by changing the hours of light per day? Also, how
large should (can?) a plant be before flowering.

Thank-you,
Dave Evans