D. binata multifida extrema

From: Wim Leys (Wim.Leys@vlm.be)
Date: Tue Jan 06 1998 - 01:53:30 PST

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 10:53:30 +0100
From: Wim Leys <Wim.Leys@vlm.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. binata multifida extrema

I have been growing a D. binata multifida extrema for about three years,
and each year it grows a little less vigorous than the year before. The
leaves produced last year (summer) became no longer than 15 cm on very
thin stalks.

I have transplanted it two years ago in a 15 * 15 cm plastic pot with a
mixture of about 5 peat / 1 pine needles / 2 perlite / 2 sand. All my
other plants (Drosera, Sarracenia, VFT, Darlingtonia) are doing fine in
this mixture.
During summer it grows in the greenhouse in +- 3 cm water. During winter
it is kept frost free in a cold room in our house (after I nearly lost
it during its first winter in the greenhouse), the soil is kept moist,
but not wet.

What should I do to reinitialize its vigour ?

To those to whom I have promised seeds, I'm just back from vacation. I
will send the seeds this week.

Kind regards
Wim