D. anglica "Hawaii"

From: Mike V (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Tue Dec 30 1997 - 04:53:32 PST

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:53:32 +0000
From: Mike V <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. anglica "Hawaii"

I have been growing D. anglica "Hawaii" for awhile now; it's a really
nice little plant, but I had a few questions.

Is it it truly D. anglica? I have heard that it might actually be more
closely related to some S. American Droseras.

Where would it have come from? N. America? Japan?

How would it have gotten to Hawaii? Birds? Wind?

Where (geographically and environmentally) in Hawaii does it grow?

What cultural conditions does it like? Mine are doing well with
conditions like I use for D. capensis, spathulata, etc... but any
recommendations would be appreciated.

And finally, are there any other Hawaiin CPs?

Thanks,

Jonathan Mitchell, Ft. Collins, CO