S.American/African CPs and new CP web page!!

From: ss66428 (ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 05:14:03 PST

Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 22:14:03 +0900
From: ss66428 <ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S.American/African CPs and new CP web page!!

Matt,

>Fernando, Hi did you overlook D aliceae,glabripes, trinervia, slackii , and
>then the no-mans-land of taxonomy; venusta,coccicaulis,(both *look* and *grow*
>diffrently than aliceae).

        What are you reffering to by "overlook"?

>Regarding SAmerica, do you have any thoughts on what the plant known as sp
>Auyun Tepui might be?

        I'm not too sure, but if I remember well, D.sp."Auyan Tepui" was either
something close to D.tenella (considered a synonym of D.capillaris by some) or
to D.esmeraldae.

        Now to all CPers out there: there is a new CP page on the web! It was
put together by two friends of mine in Brazil, Marcelo Andre Karklin Fontana
and Linilson Padovese, both of which are on this list. This page is still
under construction though and only the portuguese version is ready. BUT....
even if you don't speak portuguese, you can still go there to see pictures of
many native Brazilian Drosera, Genlisea, and Utrics, many of which you have
probably never seen photos of before in your life, and including a few
unpublished new species!!

        The address is:

                http://strouhal.mcef.ep.usp.br/carnivoras/frames.html

        Click on "Generos" (genera) and then on Drosera, Genlisea, Utricularia
or wherever you wanna go. The beautiful drawings were made by Marcelo himself!
Congratulations Marcelo and Linilson!!!!!

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan