Re: ICPS stuff: CPN backorder delays

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 1997 - 14:36:13 PST

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 14:36:13 -0800
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: ICPS stuff: CPN backorder delays

Dear Behrad,

> Hey, guys, I sent out my order form and money to the ICPS, but I still
> have not received anything from them. It's been about 2 1/2 months.
> Is this normal ?

Yep. If your subscription was for 1998, then you won't get anything
until the first issue comes out in March. If it was for 1997, and you
sent it to Fullerton, then your letter will get forwarded to Ken Cusson
who will add you to the membership list. A request will then be sent to
Tom Johnson for a back order shipment. The whole process can easily
take 3 months due to our hardworking, but distributed, all-volunteer
staff.

Please be patient, and let me know if you don't get any action in another
month.

The best strategy is to renew well *before* the end of the year and
avoid the need for last minute rush backorders. We're trying hard to
make sure that all normal renewals are processed with minimal delay.

--
Rick Walker