diet for venus fly-traps

From: JAnge22821 (JAnge22821@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 21 1997 - 13:18:15 PST

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 16:18:15 EST
From: JAnge22821 <JAnge22821@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: diet for venus fly-traps

I have just joined the mailing list for carniverous plants after having
purchased 5 venus fly-trap plants as well as some bulbs (venus fly-trap). I
have been interested in carniverous plants all of my life and have previously
tried to maintain sundews and pitcher plants (with minor success). Is there a
suitable diet for the the venus fly-traps in the absence of abundant live
insects? How often do these need to be fed? Also, any hints on starting the
bulbs? Thanks.
jaange22821@aol.com