S.American / African Drosera

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 22:05:26 PST

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:05:26 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S.American / African Drosera

Hi list,
My initial introductory post sparked zero (0) replies, hopefully this
one will do a little better.
I recently noticed that a lot of S.American and African Drosera species
which weren't in cultivation 7 years ago are now on several peoples
lists but was wondering the source of / background on some of these
plants.
A long time ago, I received a plant labelled D.affinis which looked a
little too much like spathulata to be at all convincing. anyone know
where that originally came from and if the true affinis exists in
cultivation? d.pilosa? other tropical african spp? how about
d.kaieuterensis? d.roraimae? d.meristocaulis? is there a list of
drosera currently in cultivation? i would be very interested to know
whats out there. finally, i would like to know how other people grow
their brazilian drosera, particularly d.graminifolia and what kind of
luck they've had.
Thanks in advance.
Matt