Re: Nep. soil and feeding

From: Robert Hood (CP-MAN@classic.msn.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 18:06:33 PST

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 97 02:06:33 UT
From: "Robert Hood" <CP-MAN@classic.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nep. soil and feeding

Hi, I never fed any of my Nepenthes. They catch their own food. I only feed
crickets to my tarantulas. For My highland Nepenthes I use Peat moss, moss
spaghnum, perlite, vermiculite, and horticultral sand. For lowlanders I use
the same thing ,but minus the horticultral sand. My nepenthes do fine in this
medium with any bark.I received some cp from california carnivores today and
the soil smelled really good.I never knew soil cold smell so good.Is it me
that has only noticed this or is it others?

Robert Hood