Re: Disney CP

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 18:20:00 PST

Date:    Wed, 17 Dec 97 21:20 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Disney CP

> Just got back from Disney World. They do tissue culture work on at =
> least one CP. They sell bottles of sundews in agar. They are asking =
> $6.50 for them. Oh, and $38.00 to get in.

Well, I'm glad Mrs. Greenthumbs took my advice. I visited Disney
World several years ago and suggested they might include some
Carnivorous Plants in their displayes. I was thinking mostly of
S.luecophylla at the time, but her reply was, "Oh, I think those
plants are a little too mean for the kiddies." Then she was off
in a hurry.
>> I kid you not. <<

James, any idea what species they're selling in those bottles?

Dave Evans