nep feeding

From: bs (bs719491@oak.cats.ohiou.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 09:51:30 PST

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:51:30 -0500
From: bs <bs719491@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: nep feeding

A while back, there was a lot of talk about what to feed neps. As I
recall, crickets and mealworms were good candidates for nep fodder. I
ran home with a handful of mealworms, fed several of my neps that were
growing a terrarium and awaited the burst of growth. Instead, every
pitcher that recieved a mealworm sat for about a week, then turned black
and died. After snipping off the dead pitchers, I noticed that most of
the worms were completely intact. I can't imagine that this is normal.
Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening, or should I
just refrain from feeding them until they are larger (the pitchers were
about 1-2 inches. There seem to have been no effects, positive or
negative, on the plants.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
brandon

"There's a fine line between clever and stupid" - someone in Spinal Tap

http://oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu/personal/bschanba.html