Heterophyllous Pings in terraria

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@umich.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 21:13:53 PST

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:13:53 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@umich.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Heterophyllous Pings in terraria

First of all, thanks for the various replies to my question on Aphid
slaying. It sounds as though soap or pyrethrin will both be safe.
Prepare to die, miserable sap suckers!

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has long-term experience
growing heterophyllous Pinguiculas in terraria. Most of my Pings
(several P. moranensis clones and 1 hybrid) are in a terrarium under
fluorescent lights. Will fiddling with the photoperiod and watering
schedule be sufficient to simulate seasonal changes? Or do they require
a temperature drop in order to produce winter rosettes? Since the
terrarium is in my living room, lower temperatures aren't really
feasible.

Thanks,
        Nick

Nicholas Plummer