Ack! aphids.

From: NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 18:32:36 PST

Date:          Wed, 10 Dec 1997 21:32:36 -0500
From: NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Ack! aphids.

I just noticed a fine crop of aphids on one of my windowsill VFTs. Right now
my biggest fear is that they'll spread to some more expensive CP or orchids, so
I have sealed the plant in a plastic bag. Since I can't take the plant
outside to use nasty pesticides at this time of the year (7 inches of snow
today), I am limited to sunspray oil, horticultural soap (Safer brand), or
pyrethrin. Which of the above are least likely to do serious bodily harm to a
flytrap? Ideally, I'd like something that doesn't harm the pretty liverwort
growing at the base of the plant.

Nick

Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@umich.edu