Re: N. Coccinea & N. Gracilis

From: John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 10:46:39 PST

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:46:39 -0700 (MST)
From: John Walker <jorwa@syspac.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. Coccinea & N. Gracilis

Stephane,

I am growing several types of Nepenthese (under glass) and have found that
my plants exhibit both of the"symptoms" you describe. As far as I can tell
these are normal events. Most of my plants have at least a little red
coloration to them, either down the middle of the leaf or along the edges. I
like the extra color :-) I also think that the pitchers drying from the
top down is also a normal occurance. I find that if I feed the pitcher it
will start to die from the top down in a matter of days. The browning of the
pitcher seems to stop just above the waterline of the pitcher. To keep the
pitchers looking nice for as long as possible I usually won't feed them
until the pitcher starts to turn brown at the top naturally from age.

Hope this helps,
John in Phoenix