POLLEN URGENTLY NEEDED

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 18:49:53 PST

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 18:49:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm@eskimo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: POLLEN URGENTLY NEEDED

Hi folks,
        I wrote a couple pf weeks back that I had female Nepenthes in
spike, and in bloom. I have no males left blooming to cover them. I have
an N. thorelii that has 5 spikes on and is starting to open the first. My
N. spathulata has sent up her 9th spike, and is begging for pollen, and I
have an unidentified that is spiking and should open soon. Since last
writing, no one has answered let alone offered pollen. Am I the only
person blessed/cursed with sex mad females? Hasn't any one a male for
them? They may be choosey, but as far as I am concerned, even the most
complex hybrid is a better try then letting the spikes go wasted.
        Send pollen to me
        Andrew Marshall
        131 SW 185th St.
        Normandy Park,
        98166

seed produced will be split with the pollen donor, if there is any.
Timing is everything folks. The sooner it gets here, the earlier I can
try, and I find that usually it is the early attempts that work best.
        Also, while I am here, what do you all think of a guy who stiffs a
person with a bad cheque? Then trys the old 'its being mailed tomorrow
routine'? Charles Shuller, I am particularly interested in your opinion.
Answers can be private or not. Flames welcome, delete key on stand-by.
        Thanks
        Andrew