Nepenthes Villosa problems!!

From: BillSherren (william.sherren@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 23 1997 - 12:27:52 PST

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 20:27:52 -0000
From: BillSherren <william.sherren@ukonline.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Villosa problems!!

Hi Everyone!
Can anyone offer me help & suggestions.
I have been growing Nepenthes plants for for about 8 years with a =
reasonable degree of sucess.
I use a compost of live Sphagnum moss & perlite & fine orchid bark. The =
plants seem very happy with this mix.
Earlier this year I was lucky enough to get hold of a small tissue =
cultured Nepenthes Villosa.
I grew it along side some other small Nepenthes including a Rajah in my =
terrarium. This gives a good humidity & control over the temperature. =
The Villosa, which I know is a slow grower, took a long time to start =
growing again after being potted up. Them the growth was a lot smaller =
than the previous growth it had produced prior to being sent to me. =
Eventually it got smaller still, before the whole plant went black & =
collapsed!!

As I intend to try another Villosa next year, could anyone who may have =
grown this species give me any pointers as to where I went wrong.

Thanks

Bill Sherren

william.sherren@ukonline.co.uk