Re: Nep soils Topic 14

From: Eric Cumbee (acumbee@surfsouth.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 04:47:11 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:47:11 -0500
From: Eric Cumbee <acumbee@surfsouth.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nep soils Topic 14

> I use a mix consisting of 1:1:1 peatmoss:claybeads
> ("Lecaton"):Styrofoam >("Styromull") for all my Nepenthes and
> Heliamphora.
>
> Could someone tell me a brandname sold in the US for the claybeads?

A source for the expanded beads(Aliflor) in the USA is from Tropiflora,
3530 Tallevast Road, Sarasota, FL 34243 1-800-613-7520
http://home1.gte.net/tflora/
 They also carry coconut fiber, mesquite charcoal(in different grades of
courseness), orchid fir bark, orchid mix, pumice rock, sponge rock,
sphagnum moss, as well as many sizes of teak wood hanging display
baskets
Joe Cumbee