New member from Australia

From: Ermine! (ermine@netscape.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 16:49:48 PST

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:49:48 -0800
From: "Ermine!" <ermine@netscape.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New member from Australia

> From: iwilliams@dist.gov.au (Ian Williams)
> Subject: Hello Everybody from Canberra, Australia
>
> It is 8.07 am here in Canberra Australia on Friday. So good
> morning.
> I have just subscribed to this discussion group.

Welcome to the CP mailing list! I just joined a month ago myself, after
a very interesting CP expedition I took. This is the most
intercontinental mailing list I've ever been a part of, considering all
the countries the participants are from.

> I have a small glass house and I am currently building up my
> collection of drosera and sarracenia. I was also given a
> nepenthes
> recently which will be a challenge to grow in Canberra with its
> cool
> night temperatures.

Have you tried Darlingtonia? While a native to California, it also
needs cool night temperatures and cool roots - perhaps they'd grow well
for you.

As a newcomer to CPs, one of my current interests is Cephalotus. I
don't have one yet, but expect to by the end of next year. As it is an
australian plant, I thought I'd ask if you had one? If so, what can you
tell me about how to grow them?

Again, welcome to the CP list, and good growing!