Re: More on Pings and Seeds

From: Verne Schnaidt (vschnaidt@deixissoftware.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 18:51:02 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:51:02 -0800
From: Verne Schnaidt <vschnaidt@deixissoftware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: More on Pings and Seeds

I need your help. I've had a terrarium for about 2 years now. It's always
been a lovely collection of bog ferns, carnivorus plants, and volcanic
rocks. About 9 months ago I added a plant which now I believe was
diseased. My terrarium is now severly infected with somthhing that looks
like a brown dry-rot that starts at the edges of the leaves and spreads
inward/downward. In the worse places on the leaves, it's powdery. Even my
spagnum (spelling?) moss has white/brown tips. My ferns are the only
plants that seem uninfected.

I was negligent at recognizing that there was something unusual happening
until it had spread to nearly everything.

Is there any hope without throwing it all away and starting again? What do
you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Debbie Ballentine