RE: viruses and hoax ones

From: wOb (wOb@chez.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 09:19:47 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:19:47 +0100
From: wOb <wOb@chez.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: viruses and hoax ones

Guy Van Der Kinderen[SMTP:Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be] wrote:
> Dear Steve, Cyril, and other computer experts out there,
>
> I understood that no viruses can infect one's computer via Email.
> But how about Email-softwares, such as Pegasus or Eudora, which
> automatically download mails (+ attachements, if present) to the hard disk?
> Already thanks for your information.
>
> Guy VdK
>
> P.S. To all those imbeciles, idiots, and other crap making and sending
> viruses or hoax ones: try to get adult before you die and stop this
> bullshit.

the infected attachment maybe written on your disk, you're safe provided
 you do not open / execute the attachment.
Your mail tools won't do that for you.

Creating virii is one of the best programming exercise, what is lame is to spread them....

--
Cyril 'wOb' Fournillon
Drop me a message: cyril.fournillon@inforoute.cgs.fr