Princess Of Wales Conservatory, RBG Kew (off topic)

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneyman@onemeaning.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 1997 - 02:37:30 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 10:37:30 -0000
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneyman@onemeaning.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Princess Of Wales Conservatory, RBG Kew (off topic)

Regretfully the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew did name their addition after
Diana, Princess of Wales. I understand that at the height of her excesses
consideration was given to renaming it after someone deserving but given
the costs involved a wait-and-see policy was adopted. Fortunately for RGBK,
the whitewash subsequent to her death means that not only is it generally
acceptable for the conservatory to be named after her, but all sorts of other
memorials throughout the country are under consideration.

FWIW I enjoyed reading the dolphin thread despite it being off-topic - none
of the e-mails were excessively long and some of them made me laugh. As
long as the scientific (well done Jan and Fernando) and beginners' threads
are adequately catered for, I don't see the harm in subscribers occasionally
proving that they have interests outside CPs and PCs where the topics are
of interest to other subscribers.

Good Growing, NigelH