Re: Light levels for cp

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 15:33:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 13 Nov 97 18:33 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Light levels for cp

> I have a 12' x12' lean to greenhouse that I use primarily to grow =
> orchids. My Nepenthes and sundews do well but the VFT turn black. =
> Light levels are intermediate and all plants receive rain water. The =
> blackening begins with the VFT traps and slowly consumes the plant. Are =
> the light levels too low for the VFT? What are optimum light levels for =
> these CP's The orchids do very well but they are not high light =
> varieties (Catts, Den, Paph, Phal).=20

Hello James,

   I think your plants (VFTs) are not getting enough light by half.
What Sundews are you growing? The hardy Drosera that grows wild in
my state (New Jersey) are often found in very well light areas or
mixed with grasses which don't shade them much. VFT would grow well
in these conditions. I have a couple Dendrobiuim (sp?) in with my
Nepenthes and there is no way VFT would be happy in those dim
conditions...

Dave Evans