water pH

From: bs (bs719491@oak.cats.ohiou.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 08:23:16 PST

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:23:16 -0500
From: bs <bs719491@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: water pH

A question on pH:

I've been watering all my plants with distilled water (pH ~6). Out of
curiosity, I just took the pH of the water in my cephalotus' dish and
found it to be about 7.2. It's potted in a peat/sand mix and is doing
well, some roots are even visible at the bottom of the 5 inch fishbowl
it's in. I was wondering if anyone has ever considered buffering their
water to a lower pH? I know Miracid is a soil acidifier, but it's also
a fertilizer and so probably shouldn't be used often (from what I've
heard). Just curious.

Thanks

--
brandon

"There's a fine line between clever and stupid" - someone in Spinal Tap

http://oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu/personal/bschanba.html