Re: Orthene question

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 12:15:10 PST

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:15:10 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Orthene question

Zachary wrote,
I've used Orthene on large numbers of Sarracenia, Nepenthes, VFTs,
and some Drosera as a foliar spray. It caused some minor damage
to some of my Drosera...
Another good product is ISOTOX from Ortho. I have used it for several year with
excellent results. It also contains Orthene. Use it sparingly. It will get the
job done without drowning the bugs. I use it inside the greenhouse and out. I
also advise you to use a mask when using any form of insecticide and change your
cloths after spraying.
                       Charles Brewer