Ping. 'Pico de Orizaba'

From: Hans Martin Hanslin (hhanslie@online.no)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 11:32:49 PST

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:32:49 +-100
From: Hans Martin Hanslin <hhanslie@online.no>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ping. 'Pico de Orizaba'

List,

This summer I obtained some Pinguicula 'Pico de Orizaba' from Triffid =
Park. They could inform me that the seeds were collected somewhere on =
Pico de Orizaba, Mexico by Dr. Lau. Do anyone have any experience in =
growing this species (substrate acidity, homophyllous...etc). At present =
they grow well in a 50:50 mix of peat and sand. P. moranensis grow on =
this mountain, but there may be others. Any input appreciated.

Last year I also obtained P. synalta from Triffid Park. As I get no hits =
on synalta in the CP Database, I guess this name is not valid. Any =
information on ID, cultivation etc. on this species is also appreciated.

Hans M Hanslin
Trondheim, Norway