Fungus cure

From: James Farrelly (c223@rollanet.org)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 20:10:55 PST

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 23:10:55 -0500
From: James Farrelly <c223@rollanet.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fungus cure

Hi,

     When any kind of rot, mush, black death, etc attacks my orchids in =
the greenhouse I use grocery store bought cinnamon. It is not modified =
in any way, just liberally powdered on the problem area. Processed =
cinnamon is supposed to contain a compound called ethoxyquin. It is =
allegedly added overseas as a preservative and therefore does not have =
to be listed as an ingredient in the USA . It has worked every time =
that I have applied it and stops the rot, fungus, etc immediately. Just =
keep the area dry for a bit. It seems like a good thing to try on a CP, =
but I am new to this genera and haven't done so yet. In its pure form =
just the fumes of ethoxyquin are supposed to be so deadly as to cause =
severe organ damage . Well enjoy that cinnamon on your French toast.

                             Jim (feeding small mammals to my =
Nepenthese)

PS Just how big does a Nepenthese ventricosa get anyway?