The pain of making Nepenthes cuttings....ow!!

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 02:20:36 PST

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 05:20:36 -0500 (EST)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: The pain of making Nepenthes cuttings....ow!!

Hello CP heads! Brian from Fl. here...Well today i started cutting up all of
my adult Neps for propagation. Since i sell CP,this is a yearly practice,but
this year seemed a little more painful....A 7 ft. N. coccinea snipped to a
stump, a 5 ft. N. khasiana snipped away...and many others.Yes , the result of
many happy little clones is nice indeed, but i still can feel each snip as i
do it!!!!! Uggh! And now the greenhouse has become a literal "Pearl Harbor"
of dead cut pitchers and leaves.Am i the only one that hates to do this??
 I've been doing it for 8 yrs. and it's still just as hard!! Oh well...enough
babbling. Oh, and also i have 2 male Neps in flower...N. Margaretea, and N.
maxima..Anyone have any receptive females??{no, not your
girlfriends,hehehe}.....If so, email me privately. The N.margaretea has
pollen now...The N. maxima is almost ready. Lets make some Baby Neps!! Grow
on,my friends! Brian Barnes :)