D. pulchella

From: Kris Kopicki (kkopicki@camtech.net.au)
Date: Thu Nov 06 1997 - 22:37:04 PST

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:07:04 +0930
From: Kris Kopicki <kkopicki@camtech.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. pulchella

Hi all,

Some of you may remember a while back I told you about how I had a pink
flowering pulchella, and the gemmae from this plant produced metallic
orange flowering plants. Originally I though it was the soil, but now I
have no idea. These plants are now in there second year and now have pink
flowers. I was most surprised to see this. The plants are in the same pot,
have the same soil, even the same spot in my green house, yet they are pink
instead of orange. For those of you who think I may be colour blind, you
would be wrong. Apparently someone else I was talking to has had this
happen too, but to a different species of pygmy. If anyone out there has
some scientific knowledge, I would like to hear from you. Or maybe if
anyone esle has noticed similar things with their pygmies and has some
idea of what is going on you might like to share it with me.

Kris