Re: Nepenthes for Sale

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Sat Nov 01 1997 - 12:37:42 PST

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 15:37:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes for Sale

Hello Avi, you wrote:

> Does anyone have any Nepenthes they would be willing to sell...
> ...I am also willking to buy some seed if it is not
> too difficult to grow large robust plants out of them.

It takes a long time for seedling Nepenthes to grow into
"large robust plants". Even the faster growing Nepenthes
would take about 2 years, depending on how you define "large".

You'd be better off getting plants that were propagated
as cuttings.

Where do you live? There may be a supplier near you.

Regards,

Perry Malouf