D. Intermedia stratification

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 18 1997 - 21:54:05 PDT

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 00:54:05 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. Intermedia stratification

Mars,

My way of stratifying all temperate drosera is to put a mix of 50/50
peat-silica sand (wet down of course!) into a 5 inch plastic pot,
sprinkle seed on top, then mist the whole thing with benomyl fungicide
mixed with distilled water. I put the pot inside a ziplock bag and stick
it in the back of the fridge for 3 months.

After the time is up I take it out and put the pot under grow lights or
if the weather is warm just put it outside in a fishtank with a half
inch of rain water at the bottom. Germination is usually been very
successful for me this way.

Mark Pogany
markp@crscms.com