new subscriber

From: Jason Chang (jlchang@princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 21:01:25 PDT

Date: 	Sat, 18 Oct 1997 00:01:25 -0400
From: Jason Chang <jlchang@princeton.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: new subscriber

Hi everybody,

My name is Jason Chang and I found about this list from OLD--Orchids List
Digest. I've been growing orchids for about 2 years, and I've come across
a few CPs during that span. For example, I've managed to kill a half dozen
or so VFTs, although I'm still not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. And
a vigorous Sarracenia purpurea, which I left outside too long last fall.
Currently my only CPs are 2 Nepenthes madascariensis from Home Depot, in NZ
sphagnum moss in a 2 liter soda bottle. It seems that anything less than
100% humidity causes these two to wilt. :/ Does anybody know of a
Nepenthes with attractive pitchers that will grow (and maybe even thrive)
in 40% humidity?

Thanks in advance for any information. I look forward to participating on
this list!

Jason

* Jason Chang | *
* 234 1938 Hall | "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a *
* Princeton University | matter of choice; it is not a thing to be *
* Princeton, NJ 08544 | waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." *
* (609)-258-8360 | --Williams Jennings Bryan *
* jlchang@princeton.edu | *