Michigan VTF

From: Matt Miller (nuclei@paonline.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 19:58:29 PDT

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:58:29 -0700
From: Matt Miller <nuclei@paonline.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Michigan VTF

I just recieved an E-mail from a girl that has just gotten into CP's and
she said that she had read that venus fly traps are only native to north
carolina. She also stated that a few years back on a swamp expedition
with her girl scout troop in a michigan swamp that she found and
Identified a venus fly trap growing in the swamp. Now I was wondering if
a vtf was artificially introduced into Michigan could it survive the
winter. Also I was wondering if anyone on the list who lived in michigan
could e-mail me privatly and tell me if they know of any plants native
to michigan swamps that resemble or could be confused with a vtf. And on
the most unlikely possiblity could there actually be some kind of an
accidentally introduced vtf in michigan that has adapted to survive the
winters. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
                Matt Miller