Re: Easy, sure fire way to get Napenthes to pitcher!

From: Andreas Wistuba (andreas@wistuba.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 08:45:25 PDT

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:45:25 +0000
From: "Andreas Wistuba" <andreas@wistuba.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Easy, sure fire way to get Napenthes to pitcher!

On 16 Oct 97 at 3:32, ccp108@juno.com wrote:

> One tablespoon of Baking Soda, one tablespoon of corn, cooking
> oil in one gallon of water, to be sprayed on plant and put on roots, in
> moderate amounts.

Do you fry or cook the Nepenthes? How do they taste? Which species is
most delicious? I'd imagine N. inermis gettig somewhat slimy when
cooked without cleaning the pitchers, however e.g. N. lowii should be
really crunchy. Which is your favourite?

Which spices do you add?

Sorry, I could not resist.....;-)

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028

E-Mail: andreas@wistuba.com