interrupted dormancy

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 10:30:15 PDT

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 12:30:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: interrupted dormancy

Dear list members,

I had received a few D. rotundifolias a little over a month ago which had
formed hibernaculum. Lately, the weather has been rather warm in my region
and the D. rotundifolias have started to 'come out'. Winter will coming
our way soon but I don't know if they will re-enter dormancy or not.
Should I just leave them alone, or try to cultivate them during the winter
and get them back on track next winter. Any advice would be appreciated.

Paul Burkhardt