lights

From: john e. cavanaugh (jcavanau@indyunix.iupui.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 16:39:29 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 18:39:29 -0500 (EST)
From: jcavanau@indyunix.iupui.edu (john e. cavanaugh)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: lights

To whom it may concern:

I've been out of town for a week, so this reply is somewhat dated.

As per qualities of artificial lights, anyone who has teken classes in
photography, interior decorating, or stage production can tell you that the
three characteristics of light officially are:

        1) Color
        2) Temperature
        3) Mood

Those who manufacture, package, and advertize artificial lighting to those
professionals trained in the above fields will describe their wares in the
appropriate and CORRECT terminology, eg. "cool" and "warm". Do not expect
thousands of people to redefine their terms because some nerd (as is yours
truely) was not aware of the fact thet there are other authorities besides
physics and chemistry. (today's thought - should the term "Anal Retentive"
have a hyphen?)

I'm going to have to back up Matt Drake on this one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some uppity medical students to abuse.

Dr. John
Goddam Flamologist
Biteme University

John E. Cavanaugh, MD, MS, DABP
Fellow of Forensic Pathology
Indiana University Medical Center
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Division of Forensic Pathology
Room 157 Van Nuys Medical Science Building,
635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis IN 46202-5120
Phone (317) 274-2973 Fax (317) 278-0221
Direct line (317) 278-0462