Re: Nepenthes Coccinea-- Cheap!!

From: Lance Jerale (ljerale@valders.k12.wi.us)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 01:05:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 08:05:46 +0000
From: Lance Jerale <ljerale@valders.k12.wi.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes Coccinea--  Cheap!!

Peter wrote:

> Hello to the list. I just wanted to drop a line to any interested cp'ers in
> Portland, Or that the Raleigh Hills Fred Meyer home and garden department
> presently has around fifteen Nepenthes Coccinea for sale at $19.95 each. The
> plants are large and appear vigorous, with a great many pitchers, and some
> sporting pitchers 5-6 inches in length. These plants seem to be a fabulous
> buy for those interested in Neps. I bought a couple myself. So long.
>
> Peter

Hello, Peter!!

Thanks for the word on the inexpensive Nepenthes! For those in the
Chicago area, Oak Hill Gardens in one of the western suburbs-- well
known for their orchids for many years is selling what is probably the
exact same thing-- for $20. These also are very well grown. The ones I
picked up-- at that price I couldn't resist-- each had several growths,
were well pitchered, and had a leaf spread of 30 to 36 inches! They nicely
filled their 8 1/2 inch hanging pots, and several pitchers, as you point
out, are in the 5 to 6 inch range. For those in the market for Nepenthes
Coccinea, you can't go wrong! FWIW-- The plants are from a supplier in
Florida. That's all I could find out...

Good Thoughts and
Good Growing,

Lance

--
Lance Jerale																 414-775-9520 voice