Sarracenia Compost

From: Peter Lowden (peter_lowden@clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 04:04:20 PDT

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:04:20 +1200
From: Peter Lowden <peter_lowden@clear.net.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia Compost

It is currently repotring time is this half of the world, so I am =
wondering what are peoples experience with Sarracenia growing mediums? =
Mine are currently growing in a pumice sand/peat mix. I have heard good =
and bad things about Sphagnum moss. What is generally considered the =
best medium. All the largest plants I have seen seem to be growing in =
Spaghnum, but it is frowned upon by several growers. What is generally =
considered the best medium?

Thanks,
Peter Lowden