BUGS BUGS BUGS !

From: steve steve (stevesteve@rocketmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 07:44:10 PDT

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 07:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: steve steve <stevesteve@rocketmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: BUGS BUGS BUGS !

Hi All,

Im probably going to post twice today but this is the serious bit.
Ive got pests .. well the plants have but you know what I mean.

Can any one help me identify them ?

They are similar in shape to aphids but are much smaller (approx 1mm
long). They are not juvenile aphids as they have not grown in a couple
of months.

They are dark brown or black in colour.

They do appear to feed by sucking sap from plants (my favourite neps
seem to be the choice menu item)

Unlike aphids they are pretty active. They move around at a fair speed
and try to actively evade the finger-of-doom when I try to squash them.

I have not yet bunged one of these under the microscope so I cant yet
say if they have 8 or 6 legs (mite or insect).

If anyone recognises the above critters I would appreciate some help.

Cheers

Steve