Re: Photoperiod for Neps & Heliamphora?

From: Andrew Bate (andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 21 1997 - 07:45:24 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 14:45:24 GMT
From: Andrew Bate <andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Photoperiod for Neps & Heliamphora?

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 06:44:16 -0700, Perry Malouf wrote:

>> Could someone let me know a suitable photoperiod for highland
>> nepenthes and heliamphora please

>I can't speak about heliamphora.
>
>What does all of this mean? Maybe not much. If you're
>supplying artificial light, adjust the photoperiod until
>the plants seem to thrive. I keep all my Neps. under
>light for 14 hours, they don't seem to mind. Probably
>the intensity over time is more important than the
>actual photoperiod (+/- 2 hours).

That was what I was wondering... I have one 3' grolux tube about 10"
away from the Nepenthes and I don't know if the intensity is enough.
My terrarium has only just been set up and I am trying to find out if
I am doing the right thing before the plants start to die on me! :-)

I am tempted to try and rig up another tube but would like to know if
the setup I have is sufficient as it is.

Regards,

Andrew
--=20
Andrew Bate