Response to Carl Mazur - RED VFT

From: Sung (sung20@jps.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 22:57:14 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:57:14 -0700
From: "Sung" <sung20@jps.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Response to Carl Mazur - RED VFT

By now you should have seen my post in response to some rather sharp
remarks regarding pricing. Hopefully that addresses your concerns of TC. In
fact, we do not have the facility or the desire to TC the RED VFT hybrid.
If your intentions are as you say, why not purchase a plant and make it
available to all at a low cost or free as you had implied. If you plan to
sell them in quantities at low cost you are still going to make an overall
profit. You are just taking a WALMART mass marketing approach, whereas I
am selling just a few. You also mentioned receiving from me a picture of a
red/green VFT, you thought should have been all red. In bright light the
VFT turns all red. Remember, even all red D. capensis have a green tinge
when grown in in lower light conditions. You really should know that. I
have cultivated plants for over 20 years and often see green in many "all
red" species, especially in varying light conditions. Again, you suggest I
am in it for the buck. My recommendation to you is, get a few friends
together, purchase a plant, and TC it all you want and give them away for
free! If that is unreasonable to you then perhaps you should reconsider if
your true intentions are really making it massively available because of as
you state, "love of the plant" or if you are in it to make a profit.

If you have further comments please respond directly to me rather then
continue to waste the CP discussion group on this.

Peace to you and all,
Sung