Re: Red VTF Dentate

From: Carl Mazur (ccp@vaxxine.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 05:43:41 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 08:43:41 -0400
From: "Carl Mazur" <ccp@vaxxine.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Red VTF Dentate

> >>VFT "All RED DENTATE" Large plant - $150 (OUT OF STOCK)
> >>VFT "All RED DENTATE" Small plant - $99 (AVAILABLE,limited offer)
> >>

> >Seems like this is the most expensive vft of all times ?
>
> It seems to me that if this is such a wonderful and beautiful form of
> VTF that is would be much wiser for Mr. Sung to do tissue culture on
> them make some where around a thousand and then sell lots more at a
> price that most people can afford ( or want ) to pay for a venus fly
> trap.

I've got to jump in here again too. Unknowing of the price of these plants
when I replied originally, I offered Mr. Sung any selection of seeds or
plants in trade, as well as offering cash if a trade wasn't acceptable. I
told him up front that my intentions were clear. I'd like to put this
plant into TC and try to make it as widely available as possible. To me,
(maybe this is me) making rarer plants available inexpensively through TC
sounds like a good thing!!! However, much to my surprise I got a beautiful
photo of a green/red (I thought it was red) plant and price list from hell!
Its obvious that some folks are in it for a buck and not the love of the
plant! So be it! Kind of sounds like the green leuco seedlings for $75.00
a pop ;-) Oh well. I realize new plants usually commend a few extra
dollars, however be reasonable!

Best Regards,

Carl J.Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants