Help needed to save Heliamphora nutans

From: 960544@mercure.umh.ac.be
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 10:16:08 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:16:08 -0100
From: "960544@mercure.umh.ac.be" <Emmanuel.Lebrun@mercure.umh.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Help needed to save Heliamphora nutans

Hi,

I'm in big trouble with my heliamphora nutans. I've usually been
successfull in growing CP's but I never managed to keep Heliamphora nutans
alive more than 6 weeks. I bought my last ones in August and once again
they're dying the same way as did the ones I had one year ago and 3 years=
 ago.

Here's what's happening:
I know that heliamphoras need a high level of humidity and like to be
moisted; mines used to be kept in a fish tank where the humidity is
maintained between 80 and 95 %. They're placed out of direct sun at
temperatures between 22 and 26=B0C.
Everything seems to be OK during the first 4 weeks and then all
Heliamphoras begin to die (the youngest ones with small leaves die first).
Their leaves become mellow (they look like an old rippled apple) but the
green color remains (so it doesn't look like an old leave dying because
it's to old, which usually gets brown and hard).

So, couls somebody help me to find out what the problem is and tell me
what's the best way to grow heliamphora nutans?

Any answer is welcome.
                          THANK YOU

     EMMANUEL LEBRUN <960544@mercure.umh.ac.be)