NEWCOMER

From: 960544@mercure.umh.ac.be
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 14:35:31 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:35:31
From: 960544@mercure.umh.ac.be
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: NEWCOMER

Hi everyone,

My name is Emmanuel, I live in Belgium and I'm new to the CP list.

I've been growing cp's for almost 7 years. All began when I went to a CP
exhibition organized in my town. In fact I don't have any memory of what
was shown that day because at the time CP's seemed trivials to me.
The only thing I do clearly remember is that it was possible to buy some CP's.
People only had the choice between VFT's and Nepenthes alata and out of
curiosity I bought a Nepenthes.
As the days went by I began apreciating that strange plant more and more so
I started wondering why was that plant 'carnivorous', how does it use it's
pitchers to attract and capture preys, etc...
So I collected informations and bought some books and I finally bought
other CP's. My curiosity became a passion.

I now have 30 differnt species. CP's take a big importance in my everyday's
life (and in my house) along with palmtrees (BTW if any of you loves
palmtrees and/or have seeds to sell, please email me because it's very hard
to find interesting species, especially in Belgium)

          EMMANUEL LEBRUN <960544@mercure.umh.ac.be>