James Salisburys' VFT

From: Guy Van Der Kinderen (Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 06:29:39 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:29:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Guy Van Der Kinderen <Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: James Salisburys' VFT

Hi James,

        Welcome to the list. For your VFT I would suggest not to touch it
now, keep it cool (not freezing) and just damp (not wet)
during winter (it may loose leaves, thats normal). In Spring, repot before
roots start growing, in a mixture of peat and coarse quartz sand, and keep
in a layer of soft water and on a sunny spot. In this way, my VFT's almost
grow better than grass.
        Unfortunately, I do not know any adresses in the UK where you can
buy peat, but I do know they have a lot of it in Scotland and Ireland (if
they did'nt burn it already). Maybe ask Loyd.

Kind regards,

Guy VdK