Re: Sixth Annual Meeting of ECPS

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 12:09:53 PDT

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:09:53 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sixth Annual Meeting of ECPS

     To All,
 Recently there was an announcement about the 6th Annual Eastern CP Society.
This meeting will be held at Phil Sheridan's house in Woodford Virginia, closed
to Frederickburg Va. This meet will be held on September 19-21(Friday-Sunday).
The cost is $5.00 if you sign in by Sept. 12(I think, but not 100% sure), $10.00
at the door. If you are really into CPs, this is the place for you. They will be
CP eating, drinking, sleeping talking trading swapping, selling, buying...will,
you get the hint.
 Phil is a long time CPer with many, many years of field experience. He goes to
bogs up-and-down the East Coast documenting their survival and fighting to keep
these bogs protected from developers and people set out to destroy them
habitats. Phil usually attends every major Eastern CP meet and is usually one of
the main speakers. Phil gives an outstanding presentation that is very
informative and loaded with excellent color slides. He always has something
interesting to talk about. If anything, it's worth attending a lecture to see
his CP slide collection. In addition to Phil's CP background, Phil also sells
them, especially Sarr's. He probably has one of the largest private collections
on the east coast. A portion of his proceeds goes back to supporting and
protecting these beautiful plants. Who else can say that?.
  If you're considering or have the opportunity to go this CP meet, I highly
recommend you do so, even if it's just for a day. It will be worth it. I even
heard that Phil will allow people to camp on his property, next to the his
plants. "It doesn't get any better then this".
 Phil is presently not on the internet yet :(, but if you are interested you can
contact him or one of the other organizers at the following: Phil Sheridan (804)
633-4336, Pete Keller at (516) 567-0683, email: pfk6@juno.com or Jay Lechtman at
(703) 707-0658, email: L235@aol.com.
 This is not considered a large CP meeting, but large enough for everyone to
enjoy and have a great time. I guess you can say, just a great bunch of CP nuts
like myself looking to meet new people, swap plants, talk CPs and listen to some
super presentations. I called Phil the other day to let him know I will be
attending, he told me that he would have a lot of new stuff to offer at this
meeting. Hmmm, I wonder if Phil would mind if I showed up with a tractor trailer
truck?... Who me, I'm not greedy ;-).
         Charles Brewer
         Virginia Beach, Va