CP stuff, etc.

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 21:55:00 PDT

Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 00:55:00 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP stuff, etc.

Echoing Craig McDonald,
    I also paid for CPN this year and last back in April- still
nothing. I hear it's a great newsletter.
    I also apologize for posting this here, but the proper channels
don't seem to work... (yes, I've written emails and snail mails)

To Ide Laurent,
    Haven't tried crack (or any other illegal substance) on CP as yet.
I am thinking about motor oil, and brake fluid- anyone know the ph of
Elmer's glue?

    On a more serious note (No, I really mean it this time...), has
anyone considered the possibility that Randall's soil contains other
stuff that's reacting with the baking soda to create an acidy soil
favorable to CP? Anyone (Randall?) ever test his soil's ph to see what
it is? Kits are easily obtainable at most garden centers. They're
relatively cheap, too. My favorite is a little plastic container that
you drop water, soil and a pellet into... it changes color to match the
ph scale on the container. It could be that some other chemistry is at
work... only a ph test would confirm all of the arguing here.

    I'd be willing (more then willing) to test this out on a couple of
d. adelaes in a controlled experiment. My soil is 50-50 acid sand and
peat moss. I could probably test it on a few d. capillaris, too. Time
to break out some dixie cups. :)

Cheers,
Paul

PS- my condolences to our British friends around the world on the
untimely passing of Princess Diana. She will be sorely missed.

--
Paul V. McCullough
"3D Animation World" http://www.voicenet.com/~pvmcull