Randy(Randall)and his baking soda

From: bob mcmorris (mcmorris@sanctum.com)
Date: Sat Aug 30 1997 - 00:48:09 PDT

Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 02:48:09 EST
From: mcmorris@sanctum.com (bob mcmorris)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Randy(Randall)and his baking soda

Along with Tom and Derek, I also know Randy, and he is a friend of mine. I
admit he does sound strange at times and his sentences sometimes get short
circuited(if I could just get him to correctly identify his cp-instead of
'venuses etc...Hi Randy);however he is very sincere in what he does, and is
truely not trying to kill his or anyone elses plants. But then again, he is
only telling us what he has done,NOT what YOU need to do. Obviously, if you
don't agree with using baking soda(or anything else for that matter)simply
don't use it! He is just adding his .02 to the ongoing discussion.
Just as a thought, being that there are several species of cp that occur in
alkaline marl bogs; could not other species also tolerate(not saying that
they would grow better) a more basic condition?
If nothing else, Randy has enlivened the discussion for the last few days!
...and that is my .02 worth!