My proven soil condititioner for C.P.

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 29 1997 - 17:52:42 PDT

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 20:52:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: My proven soil condititioner for C.P.

Greetings fellow enthusiasts!! Bri here....Hmmm,I don't know about all this
baking soda controversy,But here's what i 've done for several years on my
c.p.,and it works nicely.....I'm sure everyone knows of the "peat brew"
mixture,and it's great! I use this mixture as a "pot flush" every few weeks
during the growing season...I remove all of the pots from the water tray a
day or two in advance,to allow to become somewhat dry. Then i flood all the
pots well,making sure the pots drain well back into a recepticle .This
removes accumulants as well as recharging the soil..I've had great results
using this common sense approach to maintaining the vigor of my plants.It
works great for Drosera,but care must be taken not to overflood the pots too
quickly,allowing them to slow ly drain,and not clutter the leaves with
debrisMy Sarracenia retain a beautiful color also!!!!! No offence,but leave
the baking soda in the toothpaste and detergents where they
belong........Peace and enjoy!!!....Brian Barnes. :) :) :)