Re: For you natural septics I have a natural solution.

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 1997 - 10:58:45 PDT

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:58:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: For you natural septics I have a natural solution.

Randy and list,

>Tried, true, and natural as much as I can be. What work for my ancestors
>is goods enough for me, and anyway It doesn't cost more than $.50 to try,
>that including the $.25 for water. Have found that my plants seem to want
>more, they are not satisfied with one and only treatment. (talking about
>baking soda.)

Please explain this whole concept - Why would you want to put an alkaline
substance on plants that like being in highly acidic media? Baking soda is
NOT found naturally in peat bogs and I have no idea why you would want to
use it? Are you trying to kill your plants?

What do mean your ancestors used it so it is good anough for you? Perhaps
you should try tannin tea? Just boil water and pour it through peat in a 5
gallon bucket. Drill a hole in the side at the bottom and collect in a
second bucket.

-Tom- Hayes